As you all probably know, waffles are one of my favorite things to eat! I love how you can change up the flavors, add new toppings, and just be creative! For me, I can only eat the same thing for so long before I start getting bored of it. After a few weeks of fruit and yogurt, I decided to take my waffle iron back out and make some waffles. And I love how I can make a large batch, eat what I want, then put the rest in the freezer for another morning! They taste just as fresh when you reheat them in the toaster oven.
I usually just change up the toppings, but since I just bought a new carton of Trader Joe’s Chocolate Almond & Cashew milk, I thought I’d try and use that to make a choco chocolate waffle. My little sister and older brother love adding chocolate chips into the waffle batter, so why not having a chocolate batter to add the chocolate chips into!
Choco Chocolate Waffles – GF
makes: 6-8 large waffles
1 3/4 Cup Gluten free flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 Teaspoon salt
1 3/4 Cup Chocolate Almond & Cashew Milk (You can substitute with regular chocolate milk)
1/2 Cup oil
1/2 Cup chocolate chips
Oil or butter to grease waffle iron
- Heat up waffle iron (I put mine to heat level 4)
- In a large bowl, mix the GF flour, baking powder, and salt
- Then add in the Chocolate Almond & Cashew milk, oil, and eggs
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- When waffle iron is ready, grease with oil or butter
- Pour 1/2 cup of waffle batter into the waffle iron
- Cook waffle for 5-7 minutes or until the steam stops from the waffle iron
- Serve them hot, with whipped cream or syrup, or eat alone they are still chocolate goodness!
- Or you can let them cool completely, then store in the freezer
The choco chocolate waffles turned out even better than I could have imagined. Sometimes baking or cooking with GF flour and non-dairy milk, you have some problems with the texture, but these tasted so delicious! My older brother didn’t even I made these gluten-free and with almond & cashew milk! That’s when you know you have a winning recipe!
Every day, Lai day! Just waiting for this heat wave to be over…