As Easter Sunday is tomorrow, baskets filled with bunnies, chocolate eggs, and toys are all out for purchase. As the children on my Dad’s side are all either in high school or older, we no longer create Easter baskets for each other. Instead, we started giving baked goods as Easter treats.
This year we decided to give out thumb-print cookies filled with strawberry and rasberry jam! These cookies are super light and airly! Making it almost impossible to not more than one of these delicious cookies! I love these cookies because they are easy to make and you don’t even need eggs to bake these! Also, you can fill them with whatever jam or jelly you have on hand or even filling them with Nutella would be yummy!
Jam filled Thumb-print Cookies
Makes: about 3 dozen cookies
8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 Teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups AP flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
Jam or jelly
- cream together cream cheese and butter, until light and fluffly
- slowly add in the white sugar and mix until incorperated, then add in the vanilla
- scrape down the bowl, then add in the flour and baking soda
- cover cookie dough with pastic wrap and put in the fridge for atleast 30 mins
- preheat oven to 350F degrees
- using a 1-inch cookie scooper, place cookie dough on lined baking sheets
- with clean hands, use your thumb to made an imprint on the dough, making sure not to press too far down or the bottom of the cookie will be too thin
- place 1/2 Teaspoon of jam in to the imprints and bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to brown
- let cookies cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes before transferring them onto a cooling rack to finish cooling down
All that’s left is to let them cool fully before placing them in a box and decorating it!
Super easy and after they are done eating the cookies, they can reuse the box for something else! And these cute bunny formed towels are alittle extra thing to make it more festive! ♥
Every day, Lai day! Have a great day!