Shopping is something I love doing! Either shopping online or walking around the mall for some exercise. But, food shopping has to be one of my favorite kinds of shopping!! I don’t know what it is, but I love looking at all the different types of food a store has and sometimes getting inspiration to make something at home. My love for food shopping increased when I went to college because I could eat anything I wanted and it was a good break from studying.
Last weekend, my mom and I food shopping and I saw all these baked goods near the front of the store. Muffins, bread, cookies, cupcakes…everything! And it’s probably due to the holidays that are coming up that they had an extra selection of holiday decorated items that looked so yummy! But, the voice inside me told me to stay away…which is why when I got home I decided to make some cookies of my own! I saw these double chocolate chip cookies in the store, so I tried to make my own gluten-free version! Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – Gluten Free
Bakes: about 3 dozen cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter (soften)
1 3/4 cups brown rice flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 Teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar (packed)
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 Tablespoons coffee milk (soymilk + 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder)
1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate (1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips and a 100g bar of dark Belgium chocolate chopped)
- cream softened butter, white and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl
- add in the whole egg and egg yolk to the mixture, then add the coffee milk mixture
- on low-speed mix in the brown rice flour, cornstarch, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet mixture
- remove bowl from mixer and fold in the chocolate
- cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let cookie dough chill for at least 1 hour
- preheat oven to 375F once cookie dough has been chilled
- scoop cookie dough using a 2-inch scooper, placing 6 cookie dough balls on each lined baking trays
- bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, remove from oven and let cool for 3 minutes before transferring them onto a wire cooling rack
- eat now or put them in freezer bags and store them in the freezer for up to a month
These might be my new favorite kind of cookie since they are so full of chocolate flavor!
What inspires you to cook or bake? What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Every day, Lai day! Happy baking!♥